Monday, April 14, 2008

Twilight Obsessed!

Ok, for those of you who have not read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (who is LDS, btw) you haven't LIVED!!! I'm telling you. These books are absolutely amazing. One of my students last year recommended the first book to me and I'll admit I was a little wary considering it's a love story with vampires. But Keeley Day, I am forever in your debt for introducing me to Edward. Oh, Edward... *sigh* There are two other books in the series and a fourth that will be released in August (I already pre-ordered my copy :0) ) Anyhow, for you fans, the movie for Twilight is currently filming and is set to be released December 12th! (Opening night ladies! Kira, you're just gonna have to fly down from Canada for this one!) I've posted some links below where you can check out some behind-the-scene videos about the movie. They're worth watching. I canNOT wait! :0)
And for those of you who have not yet fallen in love with Edward, go and buy, check out Twilight immediately! I promise, you won't regret it...

MTV News - on the set of Twilight. "I don't know, they've got brooms."
ET Online - behind the scenes of Twilight:

20 comments:

Lacy said...

Yes, I too am a fan and I'm very excited. However, I must admit by the end of the third book Jacob got my blood boiling much better than stone cold Edward. I am very curious to see if I feel the same way about the movie. I suspect they will cast him as not as hot as he is described in the book or perhaps as somewhat of a trouble maker when in reality he is just a misunderstood werewolf. But really after the scene in the tent with Jacob warming her skin I don't know if Edward will ever be a true contender in my mind. Sorry! Love ya!

Kira said...

Totally disagree with Lacy on this point. Jacob is hot, this a point I cannot compete with, but Edward blows him out of the water! I feel that the maturity level of Jacob is nothing compared to Edward and though he loves Bella he is by far a more selfish "lover" than Edward and does not deserve her love the way that Edward does. I feel badly for Jacob, and I hope that he finds his true love but Edward and Bella were made for eachother and I will forever be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for the creation of the magnificant character of Edward Cullin.

Kira said...

p.s. nothing competes with the scene in Edwards bed or in their field. (HOT)

Jlowryjr said...

Don't forget about those hot vampire ladies.
WOWZA!

Lacy said...

Well Kira, true on the point of Edward's maturity but this is no surprise as he IS several hundred years old.... By the third book all the sensual caresses and sexual tension filled make outs between Bella and Edward lost all charm. It was really kind of nauseating and I know they are supposed to have this otherworldly connection but I see it more as an extremely unhealthy teenage obsession. I think the interaction between Bella and Jacob wether they are fighting or not is much more real, far more believable and beyond sexy... I will admit that the whole living, breathing, warm, soft and firm, at least partially human thing contributes to this opinion!

Kira said...

Nauseating is NOT how I would describe those scenes. Those are the nights I couldn't wait for Justin to get home. Too much information maybe, but true. It made me remember those feelings of built up tension when I was dating MY one true love and I never felt that I had an unhealthy teenage obsession. I think it is written very true to life (other than the whole vampire part) and if anything find the immaturity and constant fighting between Jacob and Bella to be the irritating and annoying parts of the series. That is just my opinion.

You are right Joe, the female vampires are just as hot as the men.

Irene Da Costa said...

You guys are too funny. But I must say Lacy, as much as I love you, there will be no Edward bashing on my blog! :0) Jacob is hot and I do love him, but he is a selfish lover and he can always imprint. Then what would Bella do? Edward is the opitome of dashing, sexy, love and I have no doubt that there is some amazing thing destined for them both.

Irene Da Costa said...

How can you possibly say NAUSEATING? Seriously?

Lacy said...

Hah! I love that I have gotten such a rise out of you two! You'll notice I did not say that Edward was nauseating, I said that "by the third book their sensual caresses and sexual tension filled make outs" ARE. The criticism is purely literary. It was fine in the first book and some of the second. But I think the author did herself and her characters a disservice by not advancing their relationship and showing the actual friendship as opposed to an unsustainable and constant sexual tension by the third. That tension coupled with the whole army of vampires coming to kill Bella, and the stress of an impending and early marriage (in Bella's mind) just kind of makes their relationship a bummer. I could say more but my baby is calling!

P.S. It's all in good fun Irene but if you'd rather I not comment you may silence me and even delete my comments if you like!

Irene Da Costa said...

Oh, Lacy. I would never silence you from my blog. It's all in good fun. :0) Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Irene! Its Marne', your cuz. How are you doing? I just randomly found your blog and its so cute! I also am a twi-hard, check out the Twilight Lexicon website- and its got oodles of info :) You guys look like your doing really well! Keep in touch:)

Irene Da Costa said...

Ok ladies, thanks to my awesome cuz Marne', you have to go to this link off of Twilight Lexicon. http://www.cafepress.com/twilightlexicon. Scroll down and you'll see
t-shirts for team Edward and team Jacob. We should so buy them! :0)
Oh, Marne, It was so good to hear from you! You didn't leave an email so I can get back in touch with you! Congrats on everything! Luv ya!

Kira said...

Well, I guess that it is time for a man view of this whole situation. In the third book I was ready to kill Bella. The way she allowed Jacob to get close to her and at the same time hurting Edward's feelings is unacceptable. I did not think that this choice between Jacob and Edward even existed in reader's minds. Jacob is an idiot who forced himself on Bella (kiss rape). He is very selfish and hot headed. Edward is a better choice bu far. He will do anything for her.

Anonymous said...

my email is darkgirlie56@yahoo.com lets chat!

Natalie said...

Could Twilight be any better? I am so sad that Breaking Dawn is the end. I wanted it to go on forever! I can't wait to read it. I can't wait to see the movie. I'm already planning my "pre-show party!"

Natalie said...

I saw Lacy's comment and just had to say I usually am all about Edward, but that scene was super HOT (I emphasize HOT)with Jacob. I just love it all!

Natalie said...

Yes, I realize I've posted three posts in a row.... I just love the banter about this book and these characters. I LOVE it! I am going to get me a shirt. I'm not kidding. Watch for it on my blog, as I'll be watching for yours!

Edward the Vampire said...

I hate to breake the news ladies, but I'm gay. I read that hot chapter and realized that I wished I was Bella too.
So sorry.

Irene Da Costa said...

I must agree with you ladies. I'm pretty sure I was sweating while reading the scene between Edward and Bella! :0) It's so sad I have to choose, but I'm a team Edward deep down. Natalie, that's an awesome idea to throw a pre-party! I think I may have to host one too, if you don't mind. :0)
Oh, and Justin, no more Edward impersonations!

Kira said...

Just make sure you host the pre-movie party while I'm in town!!