Saturday, April 26, 2008

42nd Street

Last night, I took Kira on a date and we went to see seven of our amazing youth perform in the musical 42nd Street. It was fabulous; full of great tap dancing, phenomenal singing and lots of laughter. It was such a fun night and I am just overhwlemed at the talent that these kids have.
I just have to mention briefly how much I love these kids. It was so hard for me to leave Young Women's after being with them for 4 and half years, and I still have moments where I feel like there's a hole in my heart from missing them. I currently serve them still, as their seminary teacher, but it just isn't the same. I will say, that having these beautiful girls in my life has been such a blessing, more so than they will ever know. I am so proud of them and I feel lucky that I was able to serve them as long as I was. I pray that one day, after years have passed, one or more of them will look back and realize how much I loved them and that, just maybe, I might have made a small impact in their lives. Because the impact they've had on mine will be with me as long as I live. Here are some pics from after the show:Me with Meredith, who played the sexy diva Dorothy Brock. She was simply amazing.

Chandlar, me, Catherine and Bit. All of these ladies are amazing singers and performed as the chorus for the play.

Ashley, Thomas and Maren. Thomas had the lead of Billy Lawlor and was just incredible.

Me and Kira with two of our youth, Britney and Ashley, who've already graduated and moved on to college. It was wonderful seeing them again.

Ok, I know this wasn't taken at the event but I had to put this picture of Chelsea up. I absolutely LOVE this girl!

1 comments:

ceawitt said...

YOU are awsome! and i love you too :))))