So, I wish I could say that Christian absolutely had a blast at our church's trunk-or-treat tonight. I wish I could say that he loved his monkey costume, had a blast running around with the 40 other dressed up kiddies, and even managed to hold his little pumpkin up to the decorated trunk of a car and mumble something close to "trick or treat" in an adorable 18-month-old voice to get some yummy candy. I wish I would have captured tons of happy, smiley pics of my little guy in his costume, a sweet memory of his first "I sort of know what's going on" Halloween.
But, that was not to be...because the truth is, Christian looked more like this (and worse) the entire night...
...completely annoyed with his headgear. See, I absolutely love Halloween and was so excited for lil' man C to dress up in the costume that he picked out while we were wandering around Target one day. But poor guy; he actually was miserable the entire night! For whatever reason, he refused for me to put him down. If I even attempted, he'd pick up his legs and scream. Maybe all the kids running around overwhelmed him? Maybe he hated his costume? Maybe he just doesn't like Halloween? Not even the cool, decorated trunks caught his interest!
So basically I spent the evening, at 40 weeks pregnant, carrying around a furry monkey plastered to my side in typical 90 degree, Florida, Halloween weather. Needless to say that by the end of the night, I was soaked in sweat with an extremely grumpy monkey turning my left shoulder into a soggy mess of goo. It was awesome. :)
Oh well, we'll try again this Sunday, and if not, maybe next year will be better. :)
I did manage to snap these shots before we got there. And the one where he looks like he might be smiling was totally a fluke. He happened to see our cat run by; that's where the smile came from...
Daisy: Legend at The Field
7 years ago

3 comments:
My fav. is the last one where his hand is out and his tail is pointing out as well! You have such a cute toddler! Last night was fun put HOT!
haha Irene I TOTALLY feel you!I was thinking the same thing about Julia... did you notice she was a mess too? I felt in good company when I saw Christian sobbing hysterically... haha but he was still a stinking cute monkey!
Where has the time gone?!! He is so BIG! He is also so gorgeous! I saw on facebook that a new baby was here and I had to hop over and catch up with you guys! I love all of these pictures and to hear what you have been doing. Thank you for your email, it meant the world to Kent and I. We hope the best for your family. We'll keep checking for pictures of the latest arrival. Congratulations!
Natalie
Post a Comment