Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Still Pregnant...

And DYING! And I know I haven't even hit my due date yet, but I'm in uncharted waters here. Christian was already two weeks old by this point. Going to almost 39 weeks this time around makes me feel like I'm a month overdue! Wally says I'm too impatient, but I told him he's not allowed to comment until he's been carrying a baby around in his belly for almost 10 months straight. And really, part of it is probably due to the fact that I've tried pretty much every possible way to induce early labor. Seriously, I've done it all, including two double doses of castor oil, TWICE and some crazy hard runs. But I should know better; I'm just not that lucky. Of course, castor oil and running and other (wink) things work for everyone else, but for me....nada! Case in point: Castor oil is a super strong laxative which, while it's cleaning you out, is supposed to get contractions going. Research says that to induce labor, you shouldn't take more than 2 tbs. So, I take 4. And guess what? I don't even go to the bathroom once! I mean, I know that I have a high tolerance to medication (Wally says it has to do with my previous drug habit (major joke guys)) but come on, nothing? It did keep me up all night with false contractions, but nothing happened after that. So, I tried again, and again, nothing. So aggravating!!! :)

I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see if things are moving along, and I swear, if no dilating or softening or whatever the heck is supposed to be going on down there has happened, I'm going to tell my doctor to hell with this VBAC thing and to just schedule my 39 week C-Section. Then I'll at least have some peace knowing this baby will be here by Saturday!

Ok, I think I'm done. I apologize for this post. I'm usually not so irritated. Or dramatic, for that matter...

3 comments:

Linz said...

You crack me up!

Emily Andrus said...

You have EVERY right to feel that way. I think almost all of us get impatient towards the end. I'm so sad the castor oil didn't work! Hang in there....I know how you feel. Oh, and men definitely don't get it.

Gladys said...

Hang in there!! :)