Saturday, October 23, 2010

Possible Name Change?

Damon Charles Da Costa. That's the name we had decided on. It's different, unique, strong, and according to Wally, sounds like the name of a future professional, million-dollar making athlete. :)
I love the name, and since we had previously decided on it, I've since been referring to this lil' stubborn "I don't want to come out" belly-kicker as Damon in my head, as have our family and friends. But apparently Wally's been thinking about another name...
Just a couple of days ago, while we were giving Christian a bath, Wally asks how I feel about the name Desmond. Seriously? Desmond? That was on my list months ago, when I first found out I was pregnant. I mentioned it back then and Wally had completely shut it down. Personally, I love the name, and I must admit, the character from Lost that I got the name from (by the way, both Damon and Desmond come from TV characters; I kind of feel like the names we pick ought to have more meaning, maybe?) Anyway, so then Wally goes on to say that he really loves the name, maybe even more than Damon, and think how cool it would be to call him Des. And of course, Des Da Costa sounds like the name of a future professional, million-dollar making athlete too, maybe even more than Damon does. This is very important to my husband, as you can see! :)
So, now I'm all confused! I love the name Desmond, but I've already attached this lil' guy to the name Damon. Would it be totally weird to switch at this point?
Anyway, I thought I'd put it out there and get some opinions. I figure I've still got time since it feels like this baby will never come out! So, if you're up for it, let me know what you think. Desmond Charles or Damon Charles?
See, just looking at the two of them like that confuses me even more...

8 comments:

Heath and Gretchen said...

Not too late! I remember you said you loved the name! And just think of us - we didn't officially switch the girls' middle names until TWO YEARS after they were born!!! (don't spread that aroud - haha - I think THAT was too late)!

Claudia said...

I love either one but I am leaning more towards Desmond. I've met a Desmond and he is the most suave guy I know!

Kira said...

called you, but ill write my answer here too.

not weird
love both!!!

T. Driaza said...

We always had a couple of names picked out so that when our lil' ones were born we could look at them and see which name suited them best. It's not weird. Can't wait to see what you decide. I think Desmond rolls a lot smoother with Da Costa, but of course you know I might be a little bias since Pablo & I wanted to name our next boy Damon too! ;)

Linz said...

Both are great names, but I really like Desmond now that it is an option. Des is a great nickname, too. Either way, he's going to be one cool kid!

Lucinda said...

Damon for sure! Desmond is cool, too, though.

Alicia said...

Oh I have to say I REALLY love Damon... It would also end in the letter "N" like Christian. Kinda ties to two bro's togther. I changed Henry's name IN the hospital. They said they needed a name for the birth certificate. Good luck, can't wait to hear what you decide.

Melanie said...

It's not too late. I always like to see the baby to finally decide. Good Luck, I think naming is tough.