Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Ichetuknee and Wally's Family

For Memorial Day weekend, all of Wally's family came up to visit. It's always a lot of fun and super crowded, since we pack everyone into our little home, but those are the good times that make family events worth remembering! :0) This trip was even cooler because Wally's uncle from Brazil was here visiting with his wife and they were just loving the good ol' USA. :0) Anyhow, we headed north and lazily floated down the Ichetknee River, which is one of my favorite places; so green and absolutely beautiful. But, the best moment award goes to Regina, Wally's mom. She was so concerned about not getting wet, even keeping her sun dress on over her bathing suit and putting on makeup. She was also the first one to attempt to get into her inner tube. Well...as she goes to sit (and i swear this was in slow motion) she happens to catch the back part of the tube and slowly rolls over backwards with her bootie and legs straight up in the air for a good 5 seconds before plummeting headfirst and backwards into the freezing cold river! It was one of the best things I've ever seen! I laughed until I cried and even later on in the day, someone would just bring it up and we'd start cracking up all over again! Nice one Regina! You're awesome! Here are some pics from the day; Enjoy!


Aren't my nieces adorable?

Little Dylan helping Grandpa carry the tube.


Katelyn, me and Hailey


I tried to get everyone, but I'm pretty sure Regina is hiding in the back. :0)


Little Dylan.

Wally getting ready to jump off a tree.

Andy and Walmir. I think this picture is cool. :0)

Jumping into the river.

7 comments:

Linz said...

Your weekend sounded awesome! Great pictures, too. We definitely have to go sometime.

Jlowryjr said...

Good story about Regina. You painted the picture well.

Lacy said...

Hah! Hilarious! Poor regina- that water is COLD. You have such a fun and beautiful family!

Kira said...

That is awesome!!!! Dylan could NOT be cuter! :-) When are we going?

nymanzanita said...

Irene-
Just wanted to say HELLO and tell you that those Coconut Cupcakes are fabulous! Your husband was my A.P. on my mission in NYC and I ran on to your blog a few weeks ago. I have been reading your blog occasionally but thought I would introduce myself so I didnt feel like a stalker. Tell your hubby hello from "Hermana" Munroe... take care. Sandra

Heather Lee said...

hey this is Heather, Andy's little sister. Sandra sent me the link to your blog, I love that you have photo's of everyone! And that story about Regina is classic, aren't you glad we have blog's to remember things like that...I'm sure Regina will love it in the years to come haha.

Claudia said...

I've yet to go to the Springs. After seeing your pic's I think I might take a trip. It looks like a blast! By the way, Congratulations on finishing up your 1st year as a Seminary teacher:)