Monday, June 9, 2008

True Friends

Surprise. Confusion. Embarrassment. Joy. These are the emotions that flew through me as my amazing friends shocked me with an early birthday party last Friday. It really was a geat moment. My birthday isn't for another month, but most of my friends will be traveling or gone for the summer so they decided to throw me a party early...so they could all be here to share it with me. When they yelled surprise as I stepped in the room with Chris (it was his birthday in a couple of days and the party was combined with his) I automatically assumed that the party was for him. Natasha kept trying to push me in the door and i was soooo confused! Once it finally registered, I was so touched! All of my friends did an AWESOME job of keeping it a secret. So much so that I was totally unprepared for a party at that moment. I was planning on going to the pool anyway with Kira and Natasha (good job ladies setting that up) and so I headed to the gym right before and decided to meet them at the pool to cool off. So, needless to say I arrived sweaty, stinky and looking totally gross! :0) My hubby was even more suprising because he made fajas, which are the most amazing fajitas that my mom usually makes for me on my birthday. Wally called up my mom for recipes and even made the pico de gallo, which is this amazing salsa that takes lots of chopping. Wally told everyone to enjoy it because it took him like two hours to make it and when asked what was in it, he replied "tomatoes, onions and blood! :0) Thank you sweeties for making the delicious food! You're my one and only! Special thanks to Lacy for being the frontrunner behind the party. You are so amazing and I have to give a shout-out to Joe who wrote a fantastic poem for the invitations. I wish I could post it! :0)

After good food, we all just hung out at the pool and enjoyed each other's company. There was a moment when I was sitting and talking that I really was overwhelmed. I am so blessed to have found so many wonderful friends to share my life with. I never thought a person could have so many friends that she could love, trust and laugh with, but that is what I've been blessed with. Thank you guys so much for thinking of me and wanting to be with me on my birthday! And for the amazing gifts. I'll be baking cupcakes, smelling like vanilla grapefruit wearing my "Team Edward" t-shirt with something cute from Forever 21 and a beautiful necklace while eating Cold Stone very shortly! :0) I love you all (especially you ladies) more than you know!
I didn't bring my camera and when I asked Wally if he brought ours he replied that he "couldn't think of everything!" :0) So, here are some pics that I was able to get from Kira, so there are many missing from these shots. Hopefully after hounding Natasha and others I'll be able to post some more pictures later!

Having fun in the pool. This was baby Riley's first time in the water!

Lacy's amazing chocolate and strawberry cupcakes. I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so naturally I had to eat one of each. :0)

Me and Chris blowing out the candles.

The fabulous ladies! (Natasha and Alicia are missing from this shot!)

2 comments:

Linz said...

I cannot thank you enough for inviting me to your surprise party!:) On a serious note, you are the embodiment of a true and amazing friend, and we are all so blessed to have you touch and enlighten our lives.

Jlowryjr said...

And I like to borrow your books!