Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Finished!!!

Today was the last day of seminary! WHOOHOO!!! And it's also the last day of school, save finals next week. I am so excited for the summer. Although I'll miss the students, I am so happy that I'll be able to sleep in! For our seminary class, we had a delicious breakfast and talked about what was learned throughout the year. While we were eating, the students stated they had a gift for me. In my head I was really surprised, and touched since it's rare to be appreciated verbally by the students. Anyway, guess what my "gift" was? Apparently I say the word filter a lot when I teach and my gift was a sheet of paper will tally marks telling me that I've said the word filter 104 times since April. Gee, thanks guys. Well... If I look on the bright side, I guess I should be happy that they were at least paying attention to something!

5 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I know exactly how you feel. When I was teaching I think I was more excited for summer break than the students. I still think you are amazing for teaching seminary and school. tell Charles congrats on graduating from High School. I still can't picture Stevie ever graduating. I guess you will always see him as your baby bro.

Kira said...

I would sign up for your seminary class any day and I promise that I would actually pay attention to what you were teaching about. You are an incredible teacher Irene!!!!!

Kira said...

And I have seen you teach in Young Womens, so I know.

Jlowryjr said...

I'm still annoyed by this, but since you made me promise not to chew out your ungrateful students I'll just settle for making this comment.

Lacy said...

Amen to Joe's comment Irene. I would never set you up like that on any level- not as an ungrateful student or an insensitive friend. I know they are young but come on guys get a CLUE. Irene you are awesome! Come to Marco and soak up some sun PLEASE!