Only 10 more days of school!!! And only 6 more days of seminary!!! (not like I'm counting, right?) :0) As much as I love teaching (both literature and The Old Testament), I canNOT wait for this year to be over. I keep telling myself, "only 11 more days, only 10 more days..." It's been a tough year and I'm so ready for the summer. I'm not really sure why this year was so much harder than last. Wally says it's all because of seminary, but it's only one extra thing on my schedule; I mean, how lame can I be? I'll admit I've been really tired and I was kind of hurt the other day when Wally told me I was pretty much catatonic everyday when I got home from school. It's hard for me to view myself as tired and weak. I just hope that the summer is enough to revive me for next year. I was a little envious at Tuesday night's seminary in-service training when Joe reminded me he wasn't teaching next year and that was his last training meeting. :0)
Anyway, there have been great things to help me through these last couple of weeks and I have lots to look forward to. Last night, I was able to hang with my awesome old friend Amy along with Cassie and Rachel. We hit Bento's and watched 27 Dresses. It was great hanging with Amy. I've really missed her and Cassie is such a sweetie and Rachel seems super cool. I hope we can become closer friends.
This weekend we're heading down to Miami for my brother Chato's high school graduation. I can't believe my lil' bro is graduating! *tear* I'm excited to go home. I'm always happier when I'm with my fam.
Anyway, the year's winding down and things are getting hectic; and I'm just hoping I can drag this mind and body to the finish line! I will say, though, that I will miss my students. They crack me up everyday. Totally random, but today we kind of got off topic and somehow started talking about how it's unfair that guys get better looking as they get older while women are the opposite. My student Alex looked at me and said, "Well Mrs. D, you better live it up now 'cause in about 5 years, you won't be lookin' too good anymore!" Great Alex. Thanks.
Daisy: Legend at The Field
6 years ago

4 comments:
You can do it Irene! You are in no way weak...I think you are amazingly strong and I have no idea how you get up so early, teach all day, and have time to train for marathons, plan amazing baby showers, hang out with friends, blog, read, and get into the Guitar Hero Hall of Fame. You are my hero!!
Oh, and don't listen to Alex!
Irene, I am always so impressed with you when I read your blog. I miss hanging out with you and Lacey so much. I am comming to town the first week of July, so lets try to get together with everyone for lunch or something fun. Good luck with everything. Miss you guys-
Susan
Quit complaining.
Just kidding.
Lacy said almost the same thing to me about how tired I've been.
I think I used the words "bump on a log"... I really enjoyed this post Irene. To the rest of the world you seem like nothing could slow you down so it is nice to know that you are human and can feel the squeeze of life once in a while. As to the discussion of men and women and beauty, something tells me that you will be one of those women that just gets more beautiful with age. And that is the truth.
Post a Comment