Monday, May 19, 2008

My "Not So Little Anymore" Brother...

It's official. My lil' bro; the one I used to pin down and tickle until he couldn't breathe, the one I used to make "fetch" things for me within 30 seconds, the one who used to scream "Stop laughing at me!" with bulging forhead and neck veins when I'd giggle at him for doing something silly, the one who endearingly called me "Mean Irene" for years of my life, the one who I wish was closer to me in age, and the one who I will ever absolutely love, adore and admire graduated from American Heritage High School yesterday afternoon. It was such an awesome moment! I couldn't have been happier for him as he walked across the stage, recieved his diploma, made a goofy face at the camera and hugged my mom (who teaches at AH) at the end of the line. I can't believe he's 18, graduated and on his way to college, to start not only the school of Music Theater, but the school of life. Where did the time go?
Wally and I drove home Saturday morning to spend the weekend and to celebrate. That night we hosted a family dinner in honor of Chato and ate delicious food and didn't get to bed until after 2. You know us latinos, any excuse to stay up, eat and party. The next day we hung out and got ready for the graduation which was really nice. It kind of transported me and Wally back to high school. His ten year reunion is this year! My dad just laughed because he's been out of high school for 56 years! Yikes! :0) Afterwards my dad took us out to dinner at Japan Inn, and I pretty much gorged myself with sushi, but it was soooooo good! By the time it was all over, it was after 8 and Wally and I still had to drive back up to G-ville. It was a rough drive, but we finally rolled in a little after 1 in the morning. Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted right now, but the drive, the event, hanging with family and my, not so lil' anymore, brother was just perfect. Congratulations Chato! You're awesome and I love you!

Chato, right after the graduation.

My dad, me and my mom in her spiffy graduate gown.


Me, Wally, Emily and Charles at Japan Inn.


And I have to give a shout out to Justin, Brent and Chris for graduating this weekend as well and becoming Doctors of Dentistry. Congratulations! You guys rock!

2 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Congrats to Chato!

Mel said...

Ummm...I remember when you went home for your little brother to get the Priesthood. I feel old now.