Ok, when I say scorching, that's exactly what I mean. With my luck and as circumstance happens in my life, on the day of the baby shower I was hosting for a very close friend of mine, my air conditionaing quit working and it happened to be one of the hottest days we've had so far this year. Great. That coupled with the fact that we squeezed 20 women in my little home, I'm pretty sure everyone who came felt like they were sitting in a sauna...while fully clothed! I felt terrible. But...even so, I think all who came had a good time. I was excited about the decorations and food, but alas couldn't find my best camera and had to settle for my crappy one. So, the pictures I have are not the best but hopefully you'll get the idea. After you look at them, just think way cuter.
So, since Lindsey and her husband Shawn have decided to wait until the birth to find out if they're having a boy or a girl, I had to think of a theme that would work for either. So after lots of time and the best website in the world: Hostess, I threw her a rubber ducky shower. The colors were blue and yellow and the decorations included all bath time things and of course the star of the show, the rubber ducky! I was really happy with how it turned out.
So, even with the 88 degree heat inside my home, I'm thinking that cute decorations, great food (I think), close friends and family and a miracle to celebrate made the event a great success. I'm so happy for you and Shawn, Linds! Lots of Love! :0)
Enjoy the pictures. The one at the top of the post is of the cookies I made for the shower. I think I was the most proud of those! :0)
The other decorations included any bath time things that fit with the color scheme.
Here's the diaper cake I made for her. The ribbons are a little crooked in this picture.
And of course, me with the mommy to be!

0 comments:
Post a Comment