Walmir and me on Lanny and Mark's farm. It had just finished snowing and it was beautiful.
Wally ice fishing. He caught 7 rainbow trout!
I love this picture of Walmir and little Joseph.
In front of Kicking Horse Mountain.
Me with CJ, one of Lanny's horses. I was in love! :0)
Here's the post from the trip. There are a couple of videos for you to enjoy at the bottom too!
What do best friends + amazing scenery + tons of Canadian junkfood + great activities + hot tubs in the snow + too many bruises to count = ? The most amazing, marvelous, exciting vacation ever! Wally and I just got back from 8 fantastic days in Canada along with the Palmers and the Lowrys. We spent 4 days skiing at Kicking Horse mountain, a beautiful mountain with steep runs and great powder. Having only skied once before, it took me a while before I felt comfortable. I think I fell more than everyone else combined! Hence the bruises! But after a couple of days, I was making my way down the blues and the occasional portion of a black. Walmir, of course, was winding his way down the blacks on the first day. It was so much fun and absolutely beautiful!
When we weren't skiing, we were spending time in the beautiful lodge sitting in the hot tub, eating ridiculous amounts of junk food, playing games and watching movies. It was great!
Afterwards we spent time at both Justin's mom's and dad's homes. Justin's mom Lanny and stepdad Mark own an awesome ranch in Turner Valley and we were able to go ice fishing, ride horses and go 4-wheeling (known as quading in Canada) in the snow. We also got a chance to eat at their restuarant, which honestly had some of the best food I've ever tasted!
At Justin's dad's house we hung out, played games, saw a movie and sat in the hot tub. His dad Brian is so funny and we had a great time with them.
Another event that was really cool was being able to visit Walmir's mission president who lives in Calgary. The Spackmans took us to dinner and allowed us to stay at their home one of the evenings. It was a really neat experience for Wally and it was great for me to meet such amazing people.
Honestly, the entire trip was wonderful! We are so lucky to have such awesome friends and it was such a great time for us to do so many wonderful things in a beautiful country with such amazing people. Thanks to Justin and Kira for inviting us and allowing us to be a part of their lives. You guys are awesome! And to Lacy and Joe for making the trip that much more memorable! You guys rock! We love you all!
The first video is of the boys making snow angels and the second is of us on the gondola. Enjoy!

3 comments:
Just make sure to include Walmir's wound.
I miss you all so much. I wish we could live there so that I could be a part of your fun filled lives. Sounds like you all had so much fun. I love you both!!
Susan
What an awesome trip. Thank you guys for coming. We had so much fun with you guys
Post a Comment