Ok, so over the past few weeks, I've been slowly inching closer and closer to a breakdown brought on by absolute and total overwhelming stress! So, since I am currently obsessed with this blog, I'm going to vent about the ridiculous list of things that seem to be plaguing (yes, it's spelled right. It looked wrong to me too.) my very existence. First, let's just start with my regular weekday schedule:
5:30 am - Wake up (partially) and get ready for seminary (in the dark, so I don't wake up my husband who I've become increasingly more jealous of each morning.) Sad to say, but I actually made extra noise the other morning ON PURPOSE!!! I'm telling you, I'm going down fast!
6:00 am - Get to the church, set up for class and review the lesson.
6:20-7:10 am - Teach seminary - lately to drooling, overloaded, one step away from comatose students.
7:10-7:30 am - Race home, change, grab my lunch and get to work.
7:30 am - 3:00 pm - Teach, teach and teach some more. Again- to drooling, overloaded, desperate for Spring Break, comatose students. (Granted I still have those few, oh so amazing ones that make my job so worth it, but right now I'm imagining that they're all the overloaded ones because it makes my stressed out vent even better.)
3:00 - 4:00 pm - working with students, faculty meetings, tutoring or a slew of other responsibilities that come with being a HS teacher.
4:00 - 6:00 pm - change, fight traffic, hit the gym, fight traffic again, home. (I'll admit that my desire for working out has slimmed lately. It's quite aggravating to work out more than most people I know and still not have much to show for it...Is it really worth it? Can't I just please, please, please, turn into one of those oh so lucky people who eat what they want and then simply walk for two miles a week and look like they just stepped off the cover of Shape magazine? Please?
6:00 - 7:00 pm - Prepare the seminary lesson for tomorrow. Again, jealous of my husband who almost quite literally has the entire quad memorized. Oh, to have been a guy and gone on a mission...
7:00 - 8:00 pm - cook, eat, clean. Although I must apologize to my husband. Lately dinner has consisted of sandwiches, arepas, etc. And he's been cooking! I'm so sorry babe!
8:00 - 9:00 pm - shower, get things ready for tomorrow and finish a lesson plan or grade a paper or two.
9:00 - whatever time I end up in bed - tv, friends, anything I can fit into my small amount of downtime.
Ok, so that's my normal everyday schedule. On top of that, here's a list of other things on my plate right now: Plan/host a great baby shower for a close friend of mine this Saturday, grade 60 15-page research papers, host three meetings next week after school, plan and set up the Senior Auction with the Student Government for next week, prepare for my brother to come up and visit for a week, clean house, be the "husband" for a friend of mine at a newborn class (i'm actually excited to do this), plan next year's school curriculum, read 3 possible books that may be a part of said curriculum next year, plan a second baby shower, go to the dermatologist (which is ridiculous since I'm 26 and have horrible acne now), and help Wally finish working on the outside of our house all by the time Spring Break hits in a week and a half. Oh, and of course, keep my sanity during this time.
So, there you have it. A life in the day of Irene Da Costa. And please understand that I'm not writing for sympathies. I'm simply writing to validate my stessed out-edness. And there's something therapeutic about writing it down. Now, this is the time where I'm supposed to reevaluate my life after the venting process and realize that my life's not so crazy after all and that everything will be ok and that I can handle it. But...I'm not going to do that because I still feel just like the picture at the top of this post. Honestly! :0) I will admit that the post made me feel better. Not much...but better.
I'll post again this weekend after the shower (I'm excited about the decorations.) If, of course, I haven't fallen into my own state of comatose! Spring Break, please come soon!


4 comments:
I know exactly what you mean when you have to wake up earlier than your husband. I also would make more noise, because it made me so mad that he got to sleep longer than me. Now I am up all night with a teething baby. But It does make me feel better that I get to sleep in if Tacoma sleeps in. Any way good luck I know how you feel. But I do not know how you teach seminary and school I bet you are so exhausted!!!
Girl, I am tired just reading all the things you have to do. Whenever I have to get up with the baby and Mike is sleeping like a baby...I feel bitterness and fury!!! I think you should consider motherhood, it would probably seem like a vacation compared to all the things you are doing now. Good Luck. Lots of Love
You can do it!!!!! Who's husband are you? What are you talking about with working out? Have you seen your stomach lately??!!!! Hot mamma right there. In fact I was just talking to Lacy about it today. Mmmmm sexy!
MMMMMMmmmmm sexy
Post a Comment