Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A New Calling...

About a month ago, I was released from my calling as a seminary teacher. Two words came to mind at the time: "WhooHoo!" and "How sad!" I guess that's three words... but anyway, it's true. I was completely conflicted. On one hand, I was relieved. Getting up at 5:15 was super tough and along with work and all my other responsibilities...Well, just thinking of the extra 75 glorious minutes I would be able to spend in bed, asleep was better than being offered a super-sized piece of Chocolate Suicide cake. And that's saying something. On the other hand I was so sad. I loved teaching the scriptures and I LOVE the youth. I was depressed enough when I was released from Young Women's two years back, but I at least would see them every morning. Now, I would only get to see them briefly at church once a week. Well, at least until this past Sunday! :0) I received my new calling and... I'm back in Young Women's serving as the 1st counselor in the presidency! And I couldn't be more happy or excited. Not only to be back with the girlies, but to be able to work with Amy, Cassie and Hillary. They are all awesome women. So, I guess I'm just destined to be with the youth forever...which is just fine with me. :0)

2 comments:

Amy Tobler said...

I'm glad you're excited! We all need you!

The Matthews Family said...

Yeah for you! Working with the youth is awesome and you are really good at it, that is why you keep having those callings! Now we will be able to exchange ideas. I am really happy for you!!!