It's a sweet picture, but didn't have that punch of color that I've been so moved by when looking at other blogs. So, after learning a bit more about color and contrast and how to manipulate it, this is what I was able to do:
Don't you just feel so much more alive looking at the second one? It's amazing the impact color can have on the emotion and the mind... So, I think I've found my focus. Of course, I do love the beautiful shades of black and white, but I've found that, for me...there's nothing more beautiful than pulling colors together with children and babies- both being full of life, hope, brilliance and glow.
One amazing thing I was able to do over Spring Break was shadow the shoot of a very cool children's photographer here in G-ville. I sent an email out hoping that maybe I'd get a response and I was shocked and so excited when I did! So, this past Friday, I met up with Mallika from Mikifoto and shadowed a shoot. She was seriously awesome; a self-taught photographer, mother of two and 7 months preggers with her third! She met me about a half hour before the shoot and we talked about all things photography. Then, I simply shadowed her and furiously took down notes detailing everything she did to capture beautiful pictures of two sisters (one 4 and the other 1). Then afterwards, she sat down again with me to discuss the shoot. She gave tips on how to capture moments with little ones, strategies for how to go about starting my own photography business one day, great resources to check online, and most importantly, hope and inspiration. I am so grateful that a busy mother photographer was so willing to talk with me. She's even promised to keep in touch and have me come and watch one of her editing sessions in a couple of weeks. I could not be more thrilled! And she already sent me a list of resources to check out via email earlier today. I LOVE learning about photography! It's my life passion right now.
Oh, here's one more pic I wanted to post. My nephew is currently potty training and it's easier to just wash underwear rather than pants too, so he spent Easter running around our house in his little soccer undies! :0) He went outside to play with Jake and Bear and Wally took the pic. I didn't edit this one with a bright color focus and instead went a different route because, well, it just felt like it needed to be like this...kind of rugged and dirty, but soft and playful at the same time. I just love it. A little boy in his undies playing with man's best friend. What could be better in a pic?


3 comments:
Nice work on that photo. Made a huge difference.
Not if you get your camera, but when!! Girl, you got mad skill!
I wish I had a better camera. That is so awesome you are learning all of this before the baby comes.
We bought our camera before Tacoma was born and I get frustrated every time I try to take his picture. Maybe we will come for a visit and you can take better pictures of Tacoma.
Post a Comment