Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to School Anxiety

Ok, the summer is officially coming to an end... Last week I had my first "back to school" anxiety dream and this week I've already had two more. I always start getting nervous about the start of the year and the dream is always the same. I'm standing in the front of my classroom nervous and frantic because I can't find my notes, which means I can't give a good lecture, while the upper school head, the headmaster and my department head watch with significant frowns on their faces scribbling furiously on their notepads, no doubt for my evaluation later. Meanwhile I'm starting to sweat and the students are going crazy, getting into fights, leaving the room without permission, throwing gum around until a piece gets stuck in my hair...and on and on and on. (At least I'm not naked, although I have had that dream too!) Anyway, my summer of relaxation is winding down. Two more weeks and I'm back in full swing: school, seminary, and everything else. I'm actually really excited but I'm also kind of bummed. This is the first summer I've ever taken off and I must say, it was SO NICE just hanging out. But alas, all good things must come to an end! :0)

3 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Pretty boring dream without the nudity.

Kira said...

I've been dreaming about Edward for the last week. I think mine are way better than yours right now.

Amber Smith said...

Irene,
This is your cousin Steph. Your Blog is so cute. I was checking it out through Amber's. Anyway, do you want to run the Ragnar Relay next June with our cousins and aunts? 12 of us run 186 miles from Logan to Park City, Utah. Call me, your mom has my number.