Friday, July 18, 2008

3 Days of Bliss...with Bella, Edward and Jacob

So, the last three days have been great! I just finished re-reading the entire Twilight series in anticipation for the final installment. I should have known better than start the books so early. I read the three books in three days and now I still have to wait a couple of weeks for the 4th to come out. But it was so wonderful! To do nothing for three days but curl up on the sofa listening to the rain outside reading fantastic books. (And yes, I do realize that I am completely vulnerable right now, admitting to my absolute nerdiness)
Anyway, they were so much better this time through than the first time! And there were a lot of little things that I didn't remember, things which I'm sure will play into the next one. Oh, and I must say this: When I first read the series, I was utterly torn between Edward and Jacob. Of course, I ended up on Edward's team and I've grown more secure in that decision over time. But...I must say that after reading the books again one right after the other, I cannot help rooting for Jacob. His relationship with Bella is so much... healthier. I really like how he puts it when Bella comes to finally break it off. He says that Edward is like a drug, but that he's the sun, the air. I have to agree. Granted, I will still always be on Edward's team (um, hello, it's Edward; I still can't help my jarred breathing during some of the scenes in the book) and I'll proudly wear the shirt to declare so (thanks Kira!) but the gap that had him so much above Jacob has significantly lessened. I guess, at least for me, there's something really endearing about having a boyfriend who can transform into a huge dog. Anyway, I can hardly wait until Breaking Dawn comes out. August 2nd at midnight! WhooHoo! :0)

5 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

This is for you Irene:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/07/twilight-traile.html

And I don't want to know what you mean by jarred breathing. Gross.

Irene Da Costa said...

Thanks Joe! I saw a different trailer that looked pretty good. I'm not sure about Bella's acting, though. We'll see. Oh, and I simply meant that I get really into the books. There are some really great "tension" scenes between Bella and Edward. I'm sure Kira would understand! :0)

Kira said...

I am reveling in my memories of those scenes as I write this. :-)

Kira said...

I was also wondering what this jarred breathing might be. I just went to the store to pre-order the book for Kira. She is getting really excited. By the way, the book you sent Evancito was amazing. You are such an awesome friend.

Linz said...

Three books in three days...that is impressive! I saw the trailer for the movie when I went to see Batman and everyone in the theatre started clapping! I am uber pumped for the next book, too. PS I was hoping to borrow your copy when you finish reading it hours after you receive it...:) Miss you lots!