Even though it is already common knowledge, I wanted to say a few words here about my third pregnancy. One, so I can remember the pregnancy itself, and two so that this little guy will know how thrilled we are to have him join our family. And excited we are!
Wally and I always felt that we'd wait until we were ready to start having kids (it ended up being 6 years into marriage), and then once that happened, we'd just have them all close together, and then afterwards, just have fun. And we've been so blessed that the Lord has allowed us to do just that. So, in just 6 short weeks, on May 22nd, baby boy #3 will be joining our family, making it 3 kids in 3 years. C and D are 18 months apart, and D and #3 will be 19 months apart. And yes, I've gotten the looks and have heard it all. That we're crazy and blah, blah, blah, and maybe we are. But it's exactly what we want and we're so happy about it. And that's not to say that doing it this way has been a piece of cake. On the contrary. It's not been easy, what with me being pregnant, Wally NEVER being home with work and school and dental school application stuff, me working, having two crazy energetic boys, and everything else that comes with life, but again, it's what we want and what has made us so freakin' happy! :)
So, about the pregnancy. The first semester was not as easy I hoped it would be. I wasn't sick at all with Damon, and I was hoping this one would be the same, but no... The entire time I felt like I was locked in a car with the worst possible nausea just on the verge of throwing up but never actually doing it. With Christian, I threw up all the time and I think in some ways, that was easier, since there was a least a small period of relief afterwards. With this one, it just felt like I was about to for 12 weeks straight. Seriously miserable. Plus there were some family issues that created a huge amount of stress for me, enough so that we were worried about how it would affect the baby, but with prayer and priesthood blessings, we were able to work through everything, and the second half of the pregnancy has been great. I feel really good, besides being tired, and my body feels strong enough to keep on with my 4 mile runs. I'm hoping to keep running until I deliver, so we'll see...
We're excited it's another boy, which I felt it was from the very beginning. I think Wally may have liked a girl, but not overly so, and now we're anticipating a house full of crazy with three boys taking it over.
And some other facts:
~ I've gained about 22 pounds so far.
~ Cravings have included cheese, cold fruit (particularly pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries), Publix subs made with lots of turkey, veggies, banana peppers, and sub sauce (thank you Amelia for introducing me to the best sauce ever!), and coke zero (which I've really had to exert self control over).
~ Aversions - water. So weird, but water makes me sick to my stomach. And too many sweets do, too. I allow myself one sweet thing a day. Even though I want to overdo it, when I do, I get super sick. Which is a good thing, I guess... :)
~ I really want to name the baby Emmett Mario. Emmett just because I love the name, and Mario after my grandfather and my favorite uncle. Wally's not really on board, though. So we'll see what happens...
~ I'm really hoping for a simple delivery. You know, one where I go in, have the baby, and then leave the hospital two days later. No complications, no spending days in the NICU, just a nice, regular delivery. I think I deserve that after the first two... Cross your fingers for me. :)
And that's about it. I'm really excited to see what he's going to look like. Christian and Damon look nothing alike, so will this guy look like one of them? Or something else entirely different? Either way, we'll find out in just 6 short weeks! :)
Daisy: Legend at The Field
6 years ago

1 comments:
I love that you have your babies so close together! Gives me encouragement to keep going & not give up my dream of having mine pretty close together, too! And I LOVE the name...I hope Wally hops on board! And yes, I agree: I think you deserve a regular delivery! I can't believe how crazy busy y'all are...but you are definitely blessed for it all:) Love you guys.
Post a Comment