So...a couple of weeks ago and in honor of hitting the third and final -mester, Wally and I decided to take some preggo pictures. This was in place of Wally wanting to take a picture of my growing belly every month. I kept forgetting, so I figured we'd take these instead. I asked one of my students if she would take the pics and once she agreed, we hit the web looking for ideas and inspiration. By the way, in case you ever find yourself doing a google search for maternity portraits, beware that most of the pics you'll find are of naked pregnant woman. Apparently if you want pregnant portraits, you need to take off your clothes. :0) Some were beautiful, but... not really what I had in mind. Anyway, a couple of Saturdays ago, we got together and went for it. Some we took in our little guy's room and the rest right outside my place, on Oak Hall's campus. It was actually a lot of fun, especially with Wally and me trying to be all serene and serious. I don't know why but I feel so totally lame when I have to portray a particular emotion or persona. Which, sadly, is why I could never be a model; or an actress for that matter. But I'm perfectly happy staying behind the camera, so I guess it all works out. Ok, on with it...I'm babbling here. So, once Andrea gave me the pics on a CD, I went straight to the computer and my newest bff Photoshop and continued with my obsessive new hobby of editing. And, drum roll please...here are my favorites:

By the way, it took me forever to figure out how to turn this photo into a partial black and white, while keeping the blocks in full color.



Ok, before I post my favorite, I have to post the SOOTC shot, just because I was so excited with what I was able to do in Photoshop. I was going to do that for all of the pics here since I'm just so stoked about what I've been learning, but I figured I'd just annoy you to tears and wanted to spare you. So anyway...here is the original...
and here it is after I worked a little bit of magic...

So, there they are. A HUGE thanks to Andrea for taking the pics for us! As for the rest of you, some help por favor! I'm trying to decide which one to actually print and frame. What do you guys think? :0)

11 comments:
I love, love, LOVE the last picture! You should definitley print that and put that up on your wall! It turned out so great! They are all great pictures, very tastefully done :)
What beautiful photos! I'm not sure which one to tell you to print & frame cause I like them all! Of course you HAVE to do the heart belly one w/Walmir!
I am crying!! You are so beautiful Irene. My favorites by a LONG shot are the last one and the sillouette!!!! Why don't you use more and make a book on shutterfly or something? LOVE YOU
Yeah- these are amazing! You are a model pregnant girl, I hope you know. The last one is a must- great job editing!
These look great!
BEAUTIFUL! My favs are the last one and the sillouette of you.
Dude, you are AMAZING! A: you look awesome. B: you look awesome pregnant. C: you make the pictures look even more awesome with your editing. D: Wow! My two favs are your fav and the black and white one of you by yourself sideways!
Hey, wanna take some pictures of Riley, Shawn, and I sometime? :)
Irene, these turned out so beautiful!! I love them all. You guys are going to be wonderful parents!
That last one for SURE. I died when I opened your blog and saw your header. GORgeous.
I can't remember if I ever got back to you about the thumbnails. Can you believe I did it in Picasa??? I used to do any processing in picasa before I got more familiar with photoshop and then got CS4. Now, most of what I do is in PS, but after spending lots and lots of time doing collages in PS... I realized I could do them in Picasa in like a minute. You don't have as much control and can't drag and shrink your pictures etc... everything's less manual which is why it's so dang user-friendly and easy. But if you haven't already downloaded it-- you should, JUST for the collages. It's free and sometimes just what you need.
SO beautiful, Irene.
ooooooo :)
you're welcome! I had tons-o-fun!
Post a Comment