Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're Having a Baby!!!

Yup, it's true; I'm finally pregnant! :0) After six years of wonderful marriage and having gone through every stage of inquiry from those around us (stage 1: constant questioning; stage 2: loving reprimand; stage 3: giving up) Wally and I have decided to start our family! :0) Actually, we began planning quite a while ago; it just took us close to a year to get pregnant. Frustrating, yes, but we couldn't be happier now.
We found out at the very beginning of September, which puts me at 13 weeks with a due date of May 24th. I actually wanted to wait a bit longer to tell everyone, but my mom, mother-in-law and Wally have been driving me crazy with wanting to spread the news :0), so yesterday I told my boss and now the good news will start trickling about.
As far as symptoms go, I've had all the classics ones. You know, the ones that make the foods you used to love not really look good anymore, the ones that make you question why your pants are getting so tight already (aren't you not supposed to show until after the 1st trimester?) and the ones that make you constantly wonder why in the world men get to have it so dang easy! :0)
Nausea has been my constant companion and I've thrown up in some great places; in the middle of class, on field trips, while out running, in parking lots and my personal favorite...at the voting precinct. I'm not usually embarrassed at the moment, but I absolutely was right after the voting incident, especially with the crowd (mostly old folk) giving me that "I'm so disgusted" look. I'm pretty sure I saw a few hold their noses. Granted I understand; throwing up is disgusting, but I was still mortified and besides the boxes indicating the president, same sex marriage and the budget for schools, I x-mas treed everything else so I could just get the heck out of there! It's funny now, but I really was mortified! :0) I've been pretty tired too. With seminary and school, 5th period planning has become my designated nap time. I've been lucky that no one's come into my room to find me sprawled out across my comfy chair completely passed out!
Anyway, besides the craziness that is the woman's body during pregnancy, I can't tell you how ecstatic Wally and I are! Our lives are about to be changed forever and we can hardly wait! :0)

18 comments:

Linz said...

So, so amazingly exciting!!! Yeah!! You are going to be an awesome mom and Walmir is going to rock as a dad! I cannot wait for play-dates!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations! You will be a fabulous mother and Walmir will be a great dad! Ill bet your mom is crazy excited to have a grandbaby! I couldnt be more happier for you! It was so good to see you in October, Love you and take care!

T. Driaza said...

Awww congratulations Irene & Walmir! We're so excited for you. You'll be fabulous parents...and yes...Your lives will change, but for even better!

Claudia said...

Congratulations to you both! This kid is going to love sports AND be very stylish.

Melanie said...

Congrats!! What a fun post. Hope all continues on in a normal fashion and not too miserable for you:)

Lacy said...

Great post Irene- so fun to read! I love the image of you sprawled out on your comfy chair! Amazing news- glad it is finally out!

Alicia said...

Awesome news!Congrats! Loved the blog on all the places you throwup... oh just wait till you start peeing WHILE you throw up... LOL You are going to be amazing parents. We are so happy for you both! Call me, we can compare notes.

Kira said...

Wait a second, when you are pregnant you pee while you throw up. That is so awesome.

Irene and Walmir, we can't describe how happy we are for you guys. We can't wait to meet the littlest Da Costa. We just feel bad that we can't repay all of the babysitting you guys did for us. We will find a way I guess. Congrats. We love you and miss you guys.

Jlowryjr said...

I just wanted to bring you to 10 comments.

But I guess I can also write congratulations.

cwitt said...

i am so EXCITED!!! for you and walmir--and for me ;) haha!
you two are going to be AWESOME!!
i love you very much!
and can't wait to see youuuu!!!! :)

Kira said...

you know, I was just thinking about a great way that we can repay all of the babysitting you did for us! Move to Canada and we will watch your kid anytime
:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless and overwhelmed with joy for the two of you. Best news ever!!! Let the blessings begin to pour...life is about to get really exciting!

Janet said...

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting! It does change your life but for the better! We have had so much fun with our little Violet, Chad said "I was so worried about all the responsibility, and WOW I had no ideas being a Daddy is so much fun!" You will be great parents!

moco said...

Irene & Wally... I'm so happy for you guys! Let us know if is a little wally or Irene. CONGRATS!!

Linz said...

Okay, cutest Christmas blog ever!! Love the new background, the music, the quote, the title, the whole nine yards. And, it is so fun to see your baby swimming around with the countdown. Way cool!

Erin said...

YEY!!!!!!!YEYYEYYEYYEYYEYYYEYYYEYYEYEY! Woo Hoo! This is so great! I just read this today (Dec 16) a whole month later. I am so happy for you! Keep me posted!

LINDSAY said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have enjoyed reading your blog - I swear I can "see" you sprawled in your chair (although I haven't decided on its color). I am so excited for you (and Walmir).