So I realize that I'm about a week late in posting this, but things have been crazy and I couldn't NOT write about the things that I'm grateful for in my life. So here goes...
- For my hubby. Honestly, I don't think there's a better match out there (of course, I'm biased), but we really do connect in a way I only thought possible in silly love stories. We still, after 6 years of marriage (and 13 years after first meeting) laugh everyday and cuddle every night. I still would rather be with him than anyone else in the world and still get giddy when he comes home from work. He's my perfect match, my perfect mix of Edward Cullen and Jacob Black and the absolute love of my life.
- That my body is strong and that I get to be a woman, bear children and become a mother. I can't even describe the joy that comes when I think about the little one growing in my belly and how humbling it is to think that Heavenly Father is entrusting me with this child. How marvelous to be a mother; even with the trials comes the greatest joy and I can't wait to be a part of that.
- For family: For Thanksgiving, both my family and my husband's family were here to celebrate and the holiday could not have been more complete. There is nothing more important than family, and we've been blessed that both sides just seem to blend into one.
- For friends: Ok, I really don't know why I've been so lucky in this department. Most people have one or two close friends, but I've been blessed with so many. Like Linds, who I went with to San Antonio last week for a conference. We had a blast wondering whether we should tip the concierge, drooling over Hugh Jackman and fighting over books. Like Kira, who came to visit from freezing Canada. It was so wonderful to see her and I hope she knows how much I love her. Like Lacy, who loves me enough to drive me around in her van while I'm throwing up continuously in a plastic bag. Oh, Lace, what would I do without you?...Like Natasha, and Amy and so may others who just knowing them has made me a better person. And I can't forget the guys either. You know who you are... Thanks for always being there for us. We love you.
- For my job: I get to work with kids and talk about books all day. Who wouldn't want that job?!
- For books, trashy magazines, and the endless supply of television shows that I get to use to take a break from work.
- For good food, the beach, comfortable running shoes, and bold nail polish.
- For cute maternity clothes, cupcakes and cameras.
- For music, my boys Jake and Bear, and long funky socks to keep me warm when it's 29 degrees out!
- For stilettos!
- For temples, celestial marriage and my testimony of the gospel.
- and for the Christmas season, where I can focus on the savior, family and giving thanks for all that I've been blessed with.
There's more, but I'll stop here. :0) Hope your Thanksgiving was special and may the spirit of gratitude and giving carry you through the holiday season. :0)
Daisy: Legend at The Field
6 years ago

2 comments:
Perfectly said Irene. I would love to drive you around every time you are sick! You were easy - you should have gotten more into it moaning and groaning and asking me to pull over every five seconds. More drama please!
I hope you know how much I love you!!! Seriously! (you are my other pea ;-)
Post a Comment