Friday, November 7, 2008

Conference in SLC

At the beginning of October, Wally and I had the awesome opportunity to go to Salt Lake to watch conference, thanks to Wally's parents and their virtually endless supply of frequent flyer miles! We stayed in Provo with Wally's brother Renato and his wife Caitlin and had a fantastic time. Our flight up there was a little rough, since we were almost three hours delayed and didn't get in until after midnight (which in our time is 2 a.m.). Then we had to drive to Provo, get settled and only had a couple hours of sleep before we had to be up in time to drive back to Provo to make it for the morning session the next day. Exhausting, but so worth it! I know conference is boring for some or siesta time for others, but it's the highlight of the year for me. It's a time to be re- inspired and rejuvenated and I always end the weekend with my testimony a little stronger, my hope a little increased and that much more gratitude for what our Father in Heaven and His Son have done for me and the world. I have a little notebook reserved only for conference and it's where I write what most impresses me from each speaker. Then later, when the conference Ensign comes out, i use that notebook to help me go back to those talks that so affected me. (Actually it was neat to look back in that notebook because the first Conference in it was October of 2000, before Wally and I were even married). Anyway, I'm getting off track, and needless to say conference was amazing.
Another beautiful moment for me while we were in SLC was having a lunch with most of my aunts, uncles and cousins in a park on Sunday afternoon. It had been 4 years since I'd seen them and just spending a few hours with them really lifted my spirits. I am so grateful for family and I only wish that we could see each other more often. Thanks for setting up the lunch and organizing everything guys! I love you!
Well, I'm writing too much; but here are some pictures from the trip. Enjoy!

The Salt Lake City Temple. Isn't it beautiful?



Getting ready to enter the conference center with Regina, Wally's mom. ( I think we both had like 2 hours of sleep at this point!)


Ok, this is most of the my mom's side of the family. My tia Ivonne and her sons couldn't make it and we were also missing Wilfredo, Pat, Vicky, Marito and a few others. Crazy, I know, but isn't it great!? Nothing is better than family. (P.S. for a slit second, I thought about including every one's names, but then decided to save you, the reader, from such torture. :0) )


One of the days, we headed to Park City since Wally had never been. We really wanted to zip line or go down the crazy mountain slide, but they were closed...

...so instead we stopped at this chocolate shop and ate a ridiculous amount of chocolate. This is Wally eating a slice of cheesecake that the lady dipped in dark chocolate. Divine!


Just waiting for Wally's dad to get the car. I just like this picture.

Renato and little Malosi. Isn't he adorable? And yes, for all you moms out there, he is sucking on a "forbidden before one year" orange slice, but he loved it and is still alive with no side affects! :0)

4 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Awww cute pictures! I love downtown SLC...so pretty! I can't believe you guys were here during conference! Next time if you have a chance, call us. We live right between Provo & SLC...in Saratoga Springs (next to Lehi)! So bummed we missed you.

Kira said...

what amazing pictures ... especially the one of the temple ... WOW!!!

I gave Evan oranges before he was a year ... and I'm the stickler on food even. You look sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

p.s. the word verification right now is lactos ... thought that was funny.

Claudia said...

I do the same thing with my General Conference issue! It's so different reading it and I love the reinforcement.

Kira said...

I think that we need to have a reunion of the band La madre que te pario. I miss our band