This past week was filled with packing, making final memories and unwillingly saying goodbye. Justin left on Friday around noon. He rolled down the truck window and tearfully said, "Irene, you're awesome," just before he took off. That was it. Tears that betrayed my steady and solid demeaner leaked out the corner of my eyes. Kira and I (she and Evan moved in with us) sat on the couch and cried for like an hour after that. We're such babies. :0) Anyway, we decided sitting on the couch wasn't doing either of us any good and so we began planning things to do to keep our minds distracted. Here are some pics from our last weekend together:
The four of us in Cocoa Beach. We couldn't let them leave to freezing Canada without one last sun & sea-worshipping mini-vacay. :0)
Semra's graduation. Congrats girl!
Freezing our booties off on the Ichetuknee. Kira really wanted to go one last time and so, in the cold rain, we went. It actually was a ton of fun!
Wally in his, "I'm going to be cheap and rent a tube that's waaaay too small for me." Wait, Wally cheap? No way...
Kira and me freezing after the trip. The shirts really didn't help that much.
Little Alex's baptism. He is sooooo cute!
One night when Kira was feeling really down, we decided to do some henna and watch A Knight's Tale. It was a good night.
Wally with Evan...
and Evan in Wally's basketball shorts. Adorable.
Our final dinner at Chopstix.
And finally saying goodbye...
There really isn't much more that I can say, except this: Justino and Kira, we love you guys sooooo much and it has been one of the greatest gifts having you in our lives. Thank you for being the amazing friends that you guys are. I truly believe that friends are forever and I will always think of you both as some of the best friends we've ever (and will ever) have. Have fun in Canada and we'll see you next summer! :0)

1 comments:
Great post Irene! We will miss those guys so much! I love the new blog colors and picture at the top- very nice.
Post a Comment