Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

V-day was super sweet this year. Over the past week, Wally and I were trying to decide what to do and our friends Justin and Kira were in the same boat. So, on Wednesday night, after basketball, Wally comes home and announces that he and Justin are going to cook dinner for Kira and me. (A few days before, Wally had mentioned wanting to cook dinner for me and I joked that I wanted something nicer than arepas or waffles! :0) I was just kidding, though) Anyway, I was really excited about what they would plan.

So, at 7 o'clock on Valentine's Day, Justin arrived at my house and I got kicked out. I went over to Kira's and watched Evan while she finished teaching. At about 8:15, we get the ok to come over. Apparently we got there too fast, because upon entering, we were shuffled into the office with a warning not to peek. Kira and I totally got a kick out of how cute they were being. So, finally they were ready and we were allowed into the house. The dinner table was complete with a white tablecloth, flowers, candles, crystal champagne glasses and great food. We were served grilled steaks, rice, a super-yummy salad, a cheese platter and lemonade. For dessert, the boys bought Cheescake Factory cheesecake and served homemade chocolate-covered strawberries. It was delicious! So, with a little bit of mood music, the four of us dined, talked and laughed. It was great.

Afterwards, the boys cleaned up (they refused to accept our help) and we watched Lost. I know that doesn't seem to valentine-y, but when you're as obsessed with the show as we are, nothing stops you from watching! Our friends Natasha and Chris joined us for Lost and of course, no day (at least currently) would be complete without a little rock band! :0)

So, Kira and I had a really fun and romantic V-day this year. And I have to give a shout out to my hubby, who is such a stud! I love you sweeties! :0)

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Irene, I am so glad you found my blog. It is so nice to see you guys. It is great to read about someone who is travels and is so exciting. How is teaching going?
keep in touch

Jlowryjr said...

I teared up a little. So beautiful. Especially the cheese platter.