So, after our fantastic trip to New York, Walmir and I spent the rest of the holiday break with family, which is such a blessing for us. Our families rock and the more time we can spend with them, the better.
We celebrated Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) at my parent's house in Ft. Lauderdale along with my grandparents and Walmir's family (mom, dad and sister's family). I'll admit that I feel like we are the luckiest as far as in-laws go. I love his family and he loves mine and we get together all the time. It's really a great thing. Anyhow, my favorite thing about Noche Buena, besides family and the fact that it's the night before christmas, are the platanos en gloria. If you have never eaten these, then you haven't lived! It's a salvadorean dish made with platanos, meat, cream and queso blanco. It is to die for!
Anyhow, this break was especially memorable because my tio Mario (my mom's brother) and his family were able to visit. I hadn't spent time with them for many years and so this visit was really amazing. Mario and Vickey came along with three of their kids, Marito, Diego and Missy. And so we hung around doing what latinos do best: cooking and eating, dancing and laughing. New Year's Eve was so much fun! We threw a party at our house, invited tons of people, including the Cardona family from Miami, ate great comida and danced merengue and salsa until about 4 in the morning. Seriously, what could be better? I feel such a connection to my familia and just being around them reminds me of my heritage and where I've come from. Just look at the picture with me and Marito and Diego. You can see how much we look alike, and the connection runs so much deeper than that! Honestamente, no hay nada como familia.
Part of our vacation was also spent at Regina and Walmir's house (W
So the holidays were great, not just because of the time of year, but because we were able to share it with family!
My mom and tio Mario.
Me, Walmir, Vickey and Mario.
My brother Charles, Walmir, Diego and Marito.
Me and my sexy hubby.
Walmir and his dad messing around with the underwater camera. I love his dad's expression!
Walmir with our niece Hailey.
Our adorable nephew Dylan.

3 comments:
Dancing until 4 in the morning? Are you crazy? Are you sure you don't drink? I have got to be missing something...
Love the pictures Irene, and I love your families. They really are great people and a lot of fun too!
Irene I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I haven't talked to you in who knows how long. You look so good, I'm jealous. It's sounds like your doing good with work and early morning seminary. I still have a little while before I graduate, I'm taking a break until Brandon's done. Anyway's keep in touch.
Your cuz,
Emily
I like the picture of the Walmirs.
Post a Comment