~ Christian decided to change his laugh. I have absolutely no idea why, but one day last week, when we were joking around at the park, he let out a deeper, throaty (almost like a growl you make with the back of your throat) laugh. It was hysterical and caught me completely by surprise. I figured it was an accident that the laugh came out like that, but nope. He's been laughing that way ever since. And it just cracks me up. I mean, who on earth did he hear laugh like that?
~ Christian also, in an effort to perfect his lion roar, wanders around "roar talking." And he absolutely sounds like a demonic child. 1% creepy and 99% hilarious.
~ Damon turned three months yesterday, and when he's not sad or hurting, is the sweetest little guy. So quick to smile and coo and laugh. His hair is still the perfect faux hawk, but I'm thinking I may have to give him a haircut. At least to trim the hair that has grown over his ears. His eyes have settled into a light coffee brown and when the sun hits his hair, you can see just a touch of auburn. It's amazing to me how different my two boys look.
~ At the request of the Cranio-facial clinic, we finally had Christian tested to see if he needed therapy. We were told he was far behind in speech and so on Monday of this week, two ladies came and "played" with him for two hours, testing him in 5 different areas. They were in love with him. One lady kept saying she wanted a slice of Christian everyday with her morning coffee. And the results? He's just fine. Yes, his communication score was the lowest, but still within normal. He also tested above average in the personal/social and motor skills areas. And so, there's no need for the therapy. :)
~ I've read three books in the past 4 days and loved every second of it. Why not, right? I'm already up half the night with Damon. Why not vacation for a bit to faraway lands? And I admit that I'm a sucker for fantasy. And YA. And if the book has a strong female character, great battle scenes and a love story, I'm in absolute heaven. I don't know why I've been embarrassed to admit that before. That YA fantasy is my favorite. Maybe because I think it makes me look immature? My grandfather always asks if I read non-fiction or history, i.e. books that "matter" and I can't help but feel he's a bit disappointed when I sheepishly tell him no. But I can't help it. I LOVE FANTASY. Now, if only the house would clean itself, that dinner would magically appear in the oven, and that both boys would nap at the same time. Then I would have time to read all I wanted and I'd truly be happy. Oh, and throw in some calorie-free dark chocolate truffles and then I'd really be made. :)
~ Wally got a 92 and a 94 on his first two tests of the semester. I'm so proud. :)
~ Teaching my college writing class is "cake" this semester. I'm loving it.
~ I was released from my calling in the Young Women's. After 8 years serving with the youth, I don't quite know what to do with myself. I cried when I found out. I wonder where they'll put me next...
~ I'm currently obsessed with these four songs: "What the Hell" by Avril Lavigne, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Firework" by Katy Perry, and "Back to December" by Taylor Switft. Maybe I'm a teenager trapped in this body?
~ I think that's it. Things are looking up. Now, if I could only get back into my skinny jeans...
Daisy: Legend at The Field
6 years ago

2 comments:
Love those songs, too!!! It was great chatting yesterday! Can't wait to hang out soon!
ok, this post made me giggle all the way through. I often wonder if I ever grew up! I did something today that you would LOVE!!! HOT YOGA!! Awesome!
Post a Comment