Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting Better...

I've been meaning to get another post up. I must admit that I'm quite embarrassed about my last entry. Emotions took over and I let my fingers span the keyboard and click on "publish post" before I really thought it through. And yet, I'm also relieved to have gotten those feelings off my chest and I can't tell you how deeply grateful I am for the encouragement, love, support, and kindness that I've received from so many. Thank you.

Things have gotten better over the last couple of weeks. Damon is on a new formula that contains rice cereal in it (it's also more expensive, much to Wally's delight) which makes it sit heavier in his stomach, which, in turn, also makes it harder for it to come back up. And the poor little guy. It's almost like he's realized that he can eat without so much pain and he's been ravenous! Eating so much that he now feels like a little brick when I pick him up. :) And it's been wonderful to have a few moments of peace (i.e. no crying) where I can really stare and wonder at his hair and eyes and fingers and toes. And though those moments are still very few, I finally feel as if I'm starting to climb my way out of that crazy haze I was so completely overwhelmed by.
So, since my last post was such a downer, I wanted to go back and put up some pictures of some really special times we've had over the last couple of months:
~ We blessed Damon the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Our family was there and a few dear friends. Afterwards, we had lunch at our house; chili, cornbread, and lots of desserts. It was a lovely day.
Jeff! I'm so sorry that Blogger is cutting your cute self out of this picture!
~ The holidays: I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are a couple. It was awesome spending time with my family, especially my brother. Christian just loved him and I'll never forget when Charles read the same book to Christian about 8 different times, each with a different accent - Jamaican, Spanish, Indian, you name it. It was hysterical and Christian was fascinated!

Just a few from Christmas morning. It was really sweet watching Christian open his gifts. It was a beautifully relaxing morning.










Hangin' with Papi on the moto.




~And here is the source of all my craziness. Though he's got a set of lungs on him, he is pretty cute, isn't he?



6 comments:

Linz said...

Adorable pics, Irene!! Have fun at Beauty and the Beast tonight!!

Craig and Cassie said...

So cute! I can't believe how different the boys look- they dont even resemble to me!

Kira said...

ohhhh Im soo sorry I have been soo out of the loop as of late!!! I'm glad you are starting to feel better and you really do have cute kiddos!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Irene! I don't know if you'll remember me but it's Rebecca (Carleton) from freshman year. I just had to say that your boys are beautiful and it's been so much fun to catch up on your blog! I have two boys too so I know the boy world well. And the crying baby world too (my 1st was soooo colicky). So glad things are getting better and you're coming out of the newborn haze.

My blog's private but if you want an invite my email is: evan.rebecca@gmail.com. Oh and thanks for your book recommendations! I'm always looking for a good book to read and am a sucker for Young Adult fiction.

Alicia said...

Hey woman, you have to show me how to change up the pictures. I bet you have a great amazing camera... call me!!! Love the pictures as always. Love you!

Lillie said...

Irene, Damon is SOO adorable. Don't know if I ever said congratulations!!!