Wednesday, May 5, 2010

We're Having Another Baby!

Yup. Preggers again! And so excited about it! I'm almost 16 weeks and the due date is October 30th!

Since it took almost a year for us to get pregnant with Christian and since we wanted to have our kids close together, we figured we'd better start trying earlier rather than later this time around. And...well...it didn't take nearly as long! It's kind of crazy considering Christian and this new addition will be only 17 months apart, but hey. I figure they'll be great buds. I'm kind of hoping for a boy again, don't ask me why. But of course a little girl would be wonderful too. Especially if she's blessed with the same eyelashes and hair as Christian. I've already given him 5 haircuts and I always wonder how long it would be by now if I had just let it grow. Or course, as luck would have it, she'll probably be born with no hair and eyelashes like her mama, meaning none at all. :0) Oh, I really hope that's not the case!!! :0)
Anyway, as far as the pregnancy goes, I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't had any nausea this time (which has been awesome), but I've been super tired, really dizzy and I get crazy headaches! AND I'm showing faster this time, which is driving me NUTS!!!! Especially since I've got so many friends who when they're ready to give birth look like they just had too many hot dogs for lunch! Why can't I be blessed with those genes? We've also got a fun vacation planned next with the Palmers who are coming down from Canada along with some other close friends. Can't wait to hit the beach with Kira and my other gal pals with their cute bodies while I look like a fatty in a swimsuit! :0) Maybe I do prefer nausea and throwing up everything I eat during the first trimester... :0) Just kidding. :0)
Anyway, just a fun, little rant for ya. I really am happy. I'm still running hard and Wally's even started working out with me, which has been really fun. :0)

Telling Wally I was pregnant was actually pretty funny. I decided that I wanted to find a "Big Brother" t-shirt and have Christian be wearing it when Wally got home from work. After some shopping around, I could only find a 3T size shirt which was enormous on Christian, but I thought it was cute anyway and figured he'd eventually fit into it. So...Wally gets home, plays with Christian a little and then calls out to me from the other room. "Hey? Is that a new shirt for Christian? I really like it. You know, he will be a big brother someday."
.........Someday? Hmmm. Nothing else? No notice that the shirt is way to big for him? Or that the shirt is trying to tell you something? You do remember we're trying to have a baby, right?
Afterwards, he walks out to me and I'm sure I had one of those "Why are you not getting it?" grins on my face.
"What?"
"So, you really like the shirt, huh?"
"Yeah. Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Walmir, what does the shirt say?"
"Uh, that he's a big brother."
.....major pause.....then finally I say, "Babe, you are so dense!"
.....another pause.....then I slowly see the recognition sweep across his face.
"Wait. Are you pregnant?"
Ding. ding. ding. We have a winner! :0)
We had a good laugh after that.






11 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Congratulations Irene! That is so wonderful--and you look amazing pregnant. I remember thinking every Sunday you looked awesome with your cute belly and high heels.

Melanie said...

Congrats!! You always look amazing! I'm sure you pregnant is still amazing. Enjoy it, I'm glad you are feeling great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!

T. Driaza said...

Hurray! How exciting! Congrats! I couldn't help but giggle the whole time reading about Walmir's delayed reaction. I can so picture it. Too funny.

Alicia said...

Yeah!!! Little "C" is going to be the best BIG BROTHER ever! I totally laughed when reading the conversation about the shirt. Way cute! If it makes Walmir feel any better.. Steve had me take 6 pregnancy test before he would tell anyone becuase he didn't belive me. Nice huh! So happy for you guys!

Lucinda said...

Congrats! The Big Brother shirt is so cute.

Linz said...

Wahoo!! Another little adorable Da Costa running around. I can't wait! We are pumped for you guys!!

nymanzanita said...

I love that picture of Walmir and little "C"....It really captured that surprise and excitment of a proud daddy. Nice picture and congrats!

Mary Jacqueline said...

Congratulations to you both!!! So exciting! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!!

cwitt said...

haha! atleast walmir was the first one to find out this time ;)
although i'm a little disappointed that it wasn't me haha just kidding miss you! and so excited for you!

Janet said...

Congrats to you both!!! Violet's little sister will be here in September. Oh, yeah Happy Birthday Christian!! It looks like the party was a blast :)!