Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On Saturday, we celebrated Christian's first birthday, which actually fell on the 2nd, the day after. Anyhow, upon Wally' request, we had a pool party and it was just perfect. We were worried for a bit when it rained like crazy the night before, but the day was beautiful; our first real day of summer at 91 degrees! It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate with our friends and family. We ate tons of food, hung out and played in the pool. It was awesome, and I can't believe this kid is a year already! Where does the time go?
Anyway, here are a few pics from the day. Not too many, though. I was too busy doing other things, so I took all these within the span of like 30 seconds! I'm sorry if you were at the party and I didn't get a shot of you...or maybe you're secretly happy about that! Oh, and sorry about the collages being so small. Blogger's uploading weird today and I'm too antsy to figure out why. :0)







And of course, it's Christian's party, so he can nap if he wants to...
Posted by Picasa


Thanks to everyone who came or helped out! And for Christian's cool gifts! Spending his party with you all made it that much more special. :0)

Oh, and just a couple of random things. Christian's so close to walking! He's taken about 6 steps before falling forward. I give him another few days. He's 23 pounds and in the 97 percentile for height. He loves to dance and clap his hands and he's all about books, animals and dirt. Oh, and don't ask why, but he LOVES playing with hair. I think he's ripped out about a third of mine and when given the option of toys, he prefers dolls...so he can play with the hair. I joke with Wally that he's going to be a hairdresser. I don't think he thinks that's funny... :0)
Oh, and if you're looking for a good summer read, check out my book blog. I found a vampire series that's better than Twilight. :0)

5 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Happy Birthday Christian! Glad you had a fun day with family & friends!

Kira said...

I am sooo soooo excited to come home!!!

Linz said...

What a fun party! I cannot believe Christian is a year old already! He gets cuter everyday!

cwitt said...

wish i could have been there! but happy birthday to christian!

Alicia said...

Way fun party! We were happy to be part of the fun! Happy Birthday cute Christian.


And

LOVE the last post!!! You are an amazing women. I don't think there is anything you can't do. Beautiful pics of Gretchen's family.