Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Failed Attempt... :0)

So, today I attempted to complete my first brick, which is part of triathlon training. It's where you bike for about an hour and then run a few miles immediately after; to help your body get used to the "running on jello legs" feeling. So here's how it went:
I biked for an hour, ran about 15 yards, threw up, collapsed spread eagle on my neighbors' lawn for about five minutes, and then walked (very slowly) back home. I couldn't even walk in a straight line! It was just awesome. Seriously doubting this whole triathlon thing. And oh yeah, I'm supposed to swim half a mile beforehand too. Hmmmmm, this may be my worst idea yet! :0)

On a sweet note, my baby laughed for the first time today. That obliterated any frustration I had. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard...

4 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Great post. Made me laugh, and I hope to hear Christian laugh sometime soon.

Linz said...

That is awesome news about Christian! You are still going to do a great job at the race! You'll have adrenaline and you still have some time to train. I believe in you!!

Lillie said...

Irene! I cannot BELIEVE you're training for a triathlon already! I mean, Lacy's told me how dedicated you can get, but seriously, I can't imagine. How many weeks is that babe???

So a: thankyou for the compliments. makes me happy :).

b: The template thing? Guess what, Joe did it for me! So it's your lucky day because I'm sure if you just shot him an email with your blogger password and everything he'd love to do it for you. I asked him to tell me how and he said it was complicated, so he just did it for me. :) The stretched template option is just too wide right? Good luck!

Amber Smith said...

Good luck with training, that will be me in about four weeks. I hate trying to get back into shape, so painful. any way Christian is so beautiful.