Last Friday, I went on my first run post-pregnancy. I hadn't gotten the OK from the doc. yet, but I just couldn't take it anymore! I could just feel the "getting out of shape-you're getting weaker-your muscles are turning to mush" bug taking over my body and I hate that feeling! Plus, I was more than annoyed that I still have a few pounds to loose and that I'd worn the same freakin' pair of pants every time I had gone out over the last month. They're still the only pants that fit me and I'm thinking I might burn them afterwards! (Just kidding Linds! They were my best pants during pregnancy and I'll deliver them safely back to you, no harm done, when you get back from Tennessee!!! :0)
Anyway, I loaded my lil' man up into my new jogging stroller, courtesy of my parents (thank you!), and headed out. My goal was to go for 2 miles - only running one of the miles and walking the other. And honestly, it wasn't that bad. My body actually felt pretty good; it was the lungs that gave me problems. I think they shrank or something...definitely "out of shape." I made the mile marker and took a break. The little one was lovin' it and I just felt good getting out. I had noticed that it looked like rain but figured I'd make it home. Not the case - Florida rain moves way too fast- and before I knew it, it was pouring! Which, I must say, was a delight! I LOVE to run in the rain; I find it rejuvenating! And the lil' one? Not to worry. He loved the rain too! Just kidding. My new jogging stroller came complete with a plastic weather shield, though I don't think those driving by could tell I had one since I received a handful of dirty looks.
Anyway, it was getting pretty bad, so I picked the pace back up until I was home. So, first run back = success! Until the next day at least...I was in so much pain! I could feel every muscle cringing each time I needed to move. Oh, and my incision was not happy either. Plus I had one of those runner's headaches that stayed with me for the entire weekend. Not fun...
Since then I've been running a few more times and at least I'm not sore anymore, but man, I suck! I can barely run two miles without feeling totally wasted! I HATE getting back into shape! It S-U-C-K-S SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!! Ok, I'm done. :0)
So, moving on to more joyous things...
After years of hoping, wanting, dreaming - I got my camera!!! I actually got it. And it's sooooo pretty!!! Wally was awesome enough to let me use my stipend money from doing extra-curriculars at Oak Hall, plus a little more, and so now I'm in possession of a Canon 50D and a 50 1.4 lens. I know I was on the Nikon bandwagon, but after a ton of research and advice from other professionals, I switched to Canon. Plus I really liked those Andre Agassi commercials back in the 90's. He should have kept his hair. Anyway, I couldn't be more ecstatic. But I'll admit, I'm kind of scared of it, too. What if I can't get a handle on manual mode? And what if I just don't have the eye to be a good photographer? Silly, I know... but the thoughts are there. So, anyway, I'm more than psyched to start messing around, seeing if I can make those beautiful portraits I've been dreaming about. I know it will take some time, but I'm game... So, those of you with kids, beware. I'll be coming after them soon to use as my lil' test subjects!

5 comments:
Dude, awesome and awesome!! Mad props on the run and the sweet camera. I am so pumped for you!! I can't wait for you to snap a few shots of Riley when we get back. Glad the running is getting better each time. You rock!
Just wait till Christian starts gaining weight! Running is even harder with you are pushing 40+lbs! I'm sure you'll be a pro at it though. By the way, I am a canon fan! Pablo was thinking of getting me one very similar to the 50D. It's always good to hear reviews first! So keep the camera post coming!
We are Canon people so welcome to this side! Good work on the running--I remember thinking, 'I can't be that out of shape, I worked out the whole pregnancy' and then you realize that your body has slowly, imperceptibly morphed into this less than 'in-shape' model you thought was doing awesome.
I absolutely LOVE the photo of your little man at the top of your blog. He is precious just the way he is, and you have captured that so beautifully.
I hope you love your camera...I'm about to get one as a (belated) mother's day present...probably the Canon d40 or xsi. Let me know how you like it!
Canon is the way to go!
Post a Comment