Sunday, December 7, 2008

Low Tide from 4 to 8 p.m. on December 6th



Yes, it's great... to be...a Flor-i-da ga-tor! Timmy and the boys sent the tide rollin' all the way back home last night and let me say how great it was to BE there as the gators took it to 'bama ending the game 31-20. I will say, though, that the night was not without its nerve-wracking moments. I chipped all of my nail polish off during the first three quarters and I don't think really breathed until the 4th. In retrospect, it was probably one of the best games I've been to, but during....let's just say that Wally's comments were rated R for a good portion of the time, and the hand rail in front of him got its share of abuse! :0) It was tough too considering we were outnumbered by 'bama fans about 4 to 1. But we shut um' up good from the time Cunningham sacked JPW up until the end of the game. And we went especially crazy when Tebow got rowdy down in the end zone after the lame sideline call (I don't think they showed that on TV). Anyway, the bottom line is that by the end of the game, my head hurt, I had no voice and the gators won the SEC Championship!(without Harvin or Raney, I might add) It couldn't have been a better night. Now we're crossing our fingers that they pick us to hit the Natl. Championship game in the big MIA.


So, Wally, his dad and I got up at 4:30 in the morning to make the drive to Atlanta. Once we got there, we watched part of a Christmas parade that was going on downtown. Totally random, but they had a bunch of llamas dressed up marching in the parade. I tried to get a picture, but couldn't get close enough. By the way, it was like 30 degrees! Freezing!


Another totally random event: at the Fanfest, we ran into Bishop Workman; he was the very first bishop we had as youth back in Ft. Lauderdale. I haven't seen him in years! The guy bleeds orange and blue and it was really cool to catch up for a bit.

Wally and his dad on the way to the stadium.

The band before the game making the state of Florida. And it's with a one in the middle too...how appropriate! :0)

The gators running into the stadium...


...and the gators celebrating with the band after the win...

...and the three of us super psyched after the game. (I don't know what that 'bama fan is so happy about)

So, it was an awesome road trip and just so you know how crazy we are about the gators...well, my next doctors apt. is set for the morning of January 9th. and it's the big one too(the awesome ultrasound one where we find out if it's a boy or a girl) Um...yeah...if we get chosen to go to the Natl. championship game, Wally has definite tickets for the two of us and that game is the night of January 8th. So...I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to reschedule! :0)

5 comments:

Kira said...

Wasn't that game awesome. I am so jealous of you guys. Tebow is my hero

By the way, 30 degrees is not that cold.

Amy Tobler said...

Looks like fun! You better reschedule that appointment! We're crossing our fingers for student tickets from the lottery!!

T. Driaza said...

You better reschedule girl cause we are in now for Championship!! What a fun trip! Go GATORS!

Anonymous said...

You guys are hard core! Thats so awesome! Have a fun time :)

Jlowryjr said...

I've been meaning to write that I thought the post title was clever!