And yet again, I find myself horribly behind in posting. But what can I say? We're busy! And since there's no way I can catch up without typing my hands into the ground, I figure I'll just bullet the highlights. :) So, here goes.
~ The beach and the pool! Need I say more. The kids love it. And they have the best tans.
~ Christian's obsession with Fantasia 2000. Particularly "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and "Noah's Ark" featuring Donald Duck. And I kind of don't mind that he watches it every single day. The classical music is beautiful!
~ Damon gave up his adorable "wounded soldier" stomach skid and moved to the real crawl. I'm so angry at myself for not getting that on video!
~ The boys are now really interacting. Whether it's C pushing D in the face and kicking him off the couch so he'll get away from his toys, or it's wrestling on the ground and playing peek-a-boo with the blanket while the two crack up. I'm assuming its just a small taste of buddies one second, fighting the next. For the next 18 years!
~ I'm surprised how tough lil' D is. Christian will throw all of his weight on top of him when they wrestle and he thinks it's hilarious. He loves bath time and I'm almost sure he'll be walking before his first birthday.
~ Damon - 68% for weight and 70% for height. His girth is a wide as Christian's and he's wearing some 12 and 18 month shirts. He's now almost 10 months and he still has no teeth. Which is annoying since he wants to eat everything in sight, and I have to puree it all. Yesterday I pureed spaghetti with meatballs. Looked so gross, but hey, he loved it.
~ Christian - 92% for height and 54% for weight. Super long and lean. I have to wrap a belt around him twice in order to keep his pants up at church. He's just now starting to really try and talk and it's so cute. Half the words are in Spanish, the other half in English. And for some reason, he only hears the second vowel of the word. So mono (monkey in Spanish) is "nono" and vaca (cow in Spanish) is "caca". We like that one. :) Anyway, we're just glad he's making progress!
~ I turned 30. And yet, I still feel like I'm 18.
~ Vacation to Utah for my cousin's wedding, my abuelita's 80th birthday celebration and a family reunion. It was beyond amazing. I haven't seen my mom's side of the family in 7 years! No lie, we partied for
5 days straight. 6 siblings, plus their kids (our generation) and their kids (Christian and Damon's generation). Hand-on-my-heart amazing.
~ Wally coming home at a decent time every day. That was lovely. We miss him during the fall and spring semesters.
~ Jogging, splash parks, play-dates, and trampolines.
~ Beach/Friend vacation in Cocoa. The Palmers came down from Canada and we partied for a week! We miss them like crazy!
~ Took pictures for lots of families in my ward to practice. I'm getting better little by little, but more on that later.
~ Prison Break! All the seasons were up on Netflix, so we watched it throughout the summer. It was awesome! Lots of people told us that seasons two and three weren't as good, but we enjoyed them all. And honestly, Michael Scofield could be wearing a tutu over his trousers dancing the hokey pokey and I'm pretty sure I'd still watch him. Oddly enough, Wally had a crush on the main girl Sara, so, win/win!
~ I think that's it for now. The fall has begun and Wally and I are both back in school. But I must say that as much as I love the summer, I also love the fall. Gator football, holidays, cool weather. It's looking to be a good end to the year.

4 comments:
Yeah! A post!! Great pics of the boys! Miss you!! Second Scofield in a tutu!
It's a shame you don't have more time to blog, especially because I love reading your posts. Your boys are just to die for, so precious!!
oh how I miss you! I too wish you had more time to blog because it is such a great way for me to catch up with you and to see the boys.
LOVE YOU!!!
Hey Chica! I love when you blog.. busy or not.. I love to see your posts! See ya soon at playgroup.
Post a Comment