Monday, June 6, 2011

8 Pounds to Go... Still!

Ugh. I hate to admit it, but I've still got some serious baby weight to lose. Damon is now 7 months old and my excuse of why I look so yuck has gotten thinner and thinner with each month Damon has gotten older. You know what I mean. When he was just a couple months, I felt like, "Of course, I still look like this. He's only two months. I'm actually supposed to look this way." And then , he hit 5 months, and that rationalization wasn't quite so substantial. And now... Well, there really isn't any excuse.
And I don't know what it is, but I just haven't really cared that much. And I know I'm probably deluding myself completely, but I just haven't felt like I've looked that bad. I mean, yes I need some work, but it's not like I'm the worst looking person hitting the beach in a bathing suit. Right?
And to be completely honest, I guess I should be grateful because the truth is that I've lost 22 pounds by doing absolutely nothing. See? I can look on the bright side.
Anyway, I was hoping to have all the weight gone for our huge friend vacation coming up in a couple of weeks. Yup. That's not happening. So, then I was hoping to look great for my birthday. A way to prove I'd still have it when I turned 30. But... it looks like I won't be making that cut off either. So, right now, I'm just getting back into running and eating healthy and feeling better about myself. And I have to say that I've really missed the running. I love the pounding of a good beat in my ears, the sun on my back, and that familiar burn in my lungs as I stretch out my stride. Though, pushing 50 pounds of kids and stroller has not exactly been a piece of cake. In fact, most days, it feels like I'm pushing a crate of lead. But, to me, nothing feels better than finishing my 4 mile loop with the kids in tow and doing it in good time. So, anyway, I may not be making any goal dates, but I'm getting back in the game.
So, here's to you, my final 8 pounds. You better watch out. I'm about ready to destroy you....

This is how our runs usually end. Christian having loved it, and Damon having cried himself into this vegetative state...

2 comments:

T. Driaza said...

You always look great! Just wait till Christian gets even heavier! Just Coey alone is 50lbs now.

Kira said...

and that is the reason I can't run with my kids. Landon LITERALLY cries so hard, for so long that he throws up!! By the end of the run both of us were unhappy.

p.s. Good for you and DO YOU REALIZE HOW SOON I GET TO SEE YOU?????