Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New Book Blog and a Few Other Things...

Hey guys! It's been a while, I know, but again, it's just so much fun to hang with my little man. :0)

1. Anyhow, I decided to start a book blog. For those of you who know, I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to reading; :0) That coupled with the fact that I LOVE blogging lent me the idea. So, I started one. Check it out here if you like... And if you have ideas or suggestions for books to read and review, just drop a comment on the blog!

2. I started a cake course at Michael's. WhooHoo! I've been wanting to for so long and last night was our first class. So exciting! I've already learned some super cool tricks. Maybe I'll post some of my work here (if it looks ok!) My homework for next week is to bring in a perfectly cut and iced cake into class to begin decorating. :0) I'm gonna love this... What I haven't decided is what I'm going to do with a fully decorated cake after every class...Hmmmm. How many calories do you think are in a 10 in. round...? :0) Any takers?

3. I took the plunge. After Sandra continuously challenged me and offered to pay for my entrance fee (thank you Sandra!) I am now registered for the Miami Marathon. Yup. 26.2 miles. *gulp*

4. I know I haven't written much on my little guy lately, but it's because I've been working on a separate blog for him detailing his cleft lip and palate process. Wally and I wanted to document everything so we'd remember and I figured a blog would be a way to make it public in case others find themselves in the same situation and would like some info or a little reassurance. So, when that's ready to go, I'll post a link to it here. Until then, just know that my little man is exactly as a baby should be: a pain and yet precious, loud and yet lovable, exhausting and yet enchanting, demanding and yet darling. I am over the moon with him.

5 comments:

Kira said...

wow ... you got an exciting life don't you! Please pray that my back heals so I can run again, and not be jealous of you !!!!

CJB said...

Hey! I was just wondering what's up with ya! I took a cake decorating class as well and LOVED it! And yes, there are 1000 calories in just the icing. How fun, I can't wait to see your new masterpieces ;)

T. Driaza said...

Glad to see you back & on top of the world as always! I'm excited for your book blog! Maybe it will help me accomplish my resolution this year! Oh, I'd recommend The Alchemist if you haven't read it yet. So good. Love the new blog look too! One of my girl friends did the Michael's cake decor & loved it! She donated the cakes to YW & YM activities I think!? Have fun & keep us posted!

Linz said...

That cake course sounds great! I volunteer to taste test anytime!!

cwitt said...

so i will most certainly take a cake if you want to send one my way. I miss you irene!!! we haven't talked in a while...i was quite sad when a came home a couple weekends ago and you were out of town.