Ok, so what do you get when you combine girly friends, 6 hours of Mr. Darcy, yummy food and a table-full of crafty stuff to make home-made valentines? An absolutely unforgettable girl's night! :0) I had the pleasure of throwing a Pride and Prejudice/Valentine's party for one of my best gals; Lacy's 30th B-day. It was so much fun! We actually didn't really watch much of the movie because we were having too much fun gabbing, eating and making cards, but we made sure to catch "the look". For you P&P fans, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I had a blast throwing it Lacy! Thanks for being an amazing example, inspiration and friend.
Some of our crafts included cute stamps I found on sale at Michael's.
I'm a huge cupcake fan and so I made some yummy brownie cupcakes for the night.
Here are the ladies holding up their cards. Just as an FYI, I am getting increasingly more critical of how I look in pictures now that I'm preggers. Oh, and this past weekend, someone asked Wally if I was due in a couple of weeks. Great! So, I look like I'm 9 months pregnant when I have 3 more months to go. That's just awesome. Anyway, that's why I'm not posting pics of myself from this party. :0)
Here's Lacy's three tiered cupcake "cake". One for each decade! :0)
Ok, ok, I decided to add this one since I'm mostly hidden by the craft table. I love these girls! It was such a great night.
~ V-Day: While I was getting ready for the party, I hear this knock at the door and when I open it, there are 4 adorable old guys dressed up in red bow ties. They were a barbershop quartet and were there to deliver a Valentine's message. They sang a few adorable songs a cappella, gave me flowers and took a picture. Wally had sent them for V-day and I thought it was so absolutely cute of him. Some of you might think it's a bit cheesy, but I love barbershop and so it was just perfect. V-day morning, Wally made me breakfast in bed before heading out to play football. We spent the entire day just hangin' out, buying a few things for the baby, talking at Starbucks and watching movies. It was a perfect day. Thanks baby! I love you! Oh, here's a picture of the singers. Aren't they cute?
6 comments:
So cute and sweet! Walmir did a great job! He may have to start talking to Shawn more...:) Glad you had a great Valentine's and party for Lacy. I am so bummed I missed it! And seriously, you look amazing pregnant!
Oh I love it! It looked like a fabulous party and I love the barbershop quartet!
Yeah- I couldn't help mentioning "the look" on my post of the party either! Irene, it was so perfect. Thank you for being such a great friend and making me feel so special. All the art supplies, candy, salads, bread, cupcakes, and of course great company... it was perfect!
HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barbershop quartet???? Who would of thought Wally could be that romantic? (j/k) I am still unbelievably jealous that I am not there with you!!!!
What a sweet idea!! I'm impressed. I want you to know that you don't even look pregnant in that picture - wow!! You look fantastic!
CUP CAKES :D we still need to make some..i wish i could have been there! and happy late birthday to lacy :)
Post a Comment